Tuesday, February 12, 2008

On people are starting to notice!

To update everyone since my last post, Leslie and I are competing in an online biggest loser. So this is a post from our site. Which will remain a secret!


So this week has started out good! I (Amber) have made a workout everyday in the last 4 days, last week that wasn't the case. Last week I was skipping workout just because I didn't feel like going, there was nothing wrong with me I was just being LAZY! So it came as a big surprise this week that not one but two people asked Leslie and I to help them workout. So on Saturday one of our guy friends asked Leslie and I to help him start working out. It isn't a surprise that people ask Leslie to help them, she is an awesome trainer, but to ask me as well just blew me away.

One of our friends made a bet with one of his co-workers to see who could lose the most weight and workout the longest for 8 weeks! He was telling us that without a doubt after he made that bet that he immediatly thought of us to help him out. Seriously, he called me right after he made the bet and asked if I would play racketball with him. I told him that I was available on Sunday but not Saturday because I had to work, so we made plans to play on Sunday! He then asked me if Leslie was available, I said probably and told him to call her. They set it up to go and play racketball on Saturday night. Because of the weather and my work not being busy I didn't have to go to work on Saturday, so I ended up playing racketbal with them. Then we had it set up on Sunday to play racketball too, but through circumstances both Leslie and our friends roommate joined us. So not only was it a great workout but I was physically fatigued afterwards. That hasn't happened to me in a long time.

Then also on Friday at one of my jobs one of my friends asked me to help her get active. So I was very surprise that not one but two of my friends had asked me for help this week. I started thinking why me, what is different now then other times before when I was working out. I figured out today that this is the first time that I have stuck to a weight loss (life plan) program in the whole time I have been doing it. So I am helping one of my friend start to get healthy and workout.

So today was my first workout with her, it is hard for me to be assertive in the gym (especially because I am still learning). So I started us off on a treadmill workout, I was running and she was walking. So we were doing well for the first like 3 minutes and then my friend started to hold on to the bar ont he treadmill. Normally I wouldn't say anything because I have been in that position, but I found myself telling her to let go, and she wasn't getting a good workout by holding on. It took her a minute to do what I asked her too, but eventually she let go of the bar. Throughout the workout I had to tell her to let go of the bar around 5 times, which was so challenging for me to do.

So not to make my week better, but one of my friends at church told me that I was beautiful, now you have to know that this girl has 3 kids, a wonderful husband and is serously a size like 0 I swear. Ok i really don't know what size she is, but she told me that I was beautiful, and the fat girl inside of me started screaming!, and I just said EH. She has always told me that I am beautiful as well as Leslie always tells me that I am beautiful, for some reason I have a hard time excepting this. So my friend just continued to hug me and tell me that I am beautiful! Thank you freind you know who you are!

So all in all people are starting to realize that Leslie and I are serious about making a change in our lives! I couldn't do this without Leslie helping me along the way. She has always been the strength of our team! She pushes me so much that I can't express in words my gratitude for her in my life. She encourages me so much and continues to help me out everyday with workouts and eating even when she is having a bad day! That takes an extraordinary (sp?) person to continue doing this with not a lot of rescipricated help. I am still learning a lot about working out and eating healthy, and leslie continues to help me out everyday with out getting frustrated that much! She is the life and light of our team! Every team in this competition would be lucky to have her on your team, but only God has blessed me with that gift!

Praise God and good work thus far everyone!

No comments: